The fifth Moengo Festival (Facebook) is coming up! On September 22, 23 & 24, 2017, Moengo will be the place to be in Suriname. Sranan Art Xposed will keep you posted, via WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr and Vimeo. Did I forget something?!?
Yes, I did. There are TEN more days left to help make this edition of Moengo Festival possible. Please read this blog post and help the crowdfunding project.
What: Moengo Festival of Theatre & Dance – Pee fu wini II
When: September 22, 23 & 24, 2017
Where: Moengo, Marowijne District, Suriname
More information: email@example.com
Behind the scenes many people are busy to make the Moengo Festival happen. There still is a crowdfunding project going on, at Voordekunst, and your help is needed. Ten more days to contribute to a great edition of this year’s festival! Please click HERE to do your bit!
Interested? Read more? See more?
- ‘Tembe fu libi: Moengo Festival of Visual Arts: the exhibition’, by Chandra van Binnendijk & Marieke Visser, on https://africanah.org, September 2015
- ‘My search in the Moengo Festival of Visual Arts’, by Miguel Keerveld, on https://tumpiflow.com.
- Sranan Art Flickr-album Exhibition Moengo Festival of Visual Arts 2015 Tembe fu libi
- Sranan Art Flickr-album Opening Moengo Festival of Visual Arts 2015
- Sranan Art Flickr-album Press & promotion – Moengo Festival of Visual Arts 2015
Great background material can be found in the back issues of Tembe Tori. Read about Moengo and al the great stuff that’s happening there. It will inspire you to pay Moengo a visit.
In April 2012 the first edition of Tembe Tori was published. One page, printed with black ink on both sides, with news about former mining town Moengo. During a few months Tembe Tori was distributed regularly in the Moengo community and in Paramaribo. A good way to reach the people in Moengo, a small town in the Marowijne district in Suriname, where artist Marcel Pinas has established the Kibii Foundation, the Tembe Art Studio, the Contemporary Art Museum Moengo and the Marowijne Art Park.